The successful candidate will ideally be almost completing or completed a relevant PHD and looking to join a fast-moving start-up.
- As Waveguide Development you will be reporting into our Principal Process Engineer. You will be based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire with some opportunity to travel to Austria
- This role will be an opportunity to use your research experience in an industry environment applying your knowledge to real engineering challenges.
- We have a fabless manufacturing environment; in this role you will be coordinating, and supervising fabrication and metrology carried out by external partners.
- You will also have an opportunity to travel to the external partners facilities to work in close collaboration on fabrication and nano-characterization tasks.
- You will have great problem-solving skills and will research and develop new designs and novel fabrication approaches.
- Incorporate data from physical measurements of nanostructures into models (from SEM, AFM etc).
- Correlate modelled with measured results to improve the fidelity and predictive power of models.
What we need to see:
- PhD in Physics, Photonics, Materials or Nanotechnology.
- During your chosen PHD you would be hands on with nanofabrication such as e-beam and/or optical lithography. Experience with nanoimprint lithography is beneficial.
- Hands on nano-characterization experience with SEM/AFM and experience reporting nano- characterization results.
- Numerical analysis and data visualization using tools such as MATLAB or Scientific Python library.
- Strong verbal / written communication and reasoning skills, quick learner with great problem-solving skills, happy to adapt to short timescales and deliverables.
- Knowledge of White Light Interferometry, Ellipsometry, FTIR, and polymers used in nanofabrication (such as e-beam resists and nanoimprinting resins) is beneficial.
- Knowledge of electromagnetic modelling (FDTD, RCWA, FEM etc.) and experience with diffractive optics modelling is a bonus.