As a Technical Program Manager, you will be based in the UK, leading engineering projects. You will coordinate cross functional teams from design through to delivery, managing all related timelines. The role will be hands on, requiring active involvement in many areas.
- Reporting to the Senior Manager, Programs this role is based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire.
- You will be responsible for project management for a range of engineering activities, these could be both internal and/or customer engagements
- You will be responsible for projects from initial concept until final delivery
- You will capture project requirements, engage internal engineering resources, plan and drive execution and all deliverables
- You will communicate priorities and timelines to internal teams including design, test, manufacturing and supply chain to deliver projects on time and to specification
- If working on a customer project, you will be the day-to-day contact and champion for your customer(s) inside WaveOptics – ensuring they get the appropriate level of technical support and that their requests and needs are addressed in a timely fashion
- You will take ownership of all technical issues within the project, work with the engineering teams to define solutions, then supervise execution and delivery
- The role requires availability for international travel (10% – 30%).
What we like to see:
- Degree in Engineering or Physics
- Experience driving complex engineering projects
- Experience working hands on to solve engineering problems with design and production teams
- Consultative approach while working with customers, suppliers and internal team
- Ability to combine technical expertise with good communication skills.
- Experience taking product concepts through to prototypes
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Optics experience is preferable
- Experience working on a product manufactured at high volume would be a big advantage
- Moving products into mass manufacture