Reporting to the Senior Programs Manager and based in Oxfordshire, UK, you will support the full journey to delivery of products for our customer. This is a hands on role that will involve coordination of multi- disciplinary teams from design through to delivery, managing all related timelines. The role will be hands on, requiring active involvement in many areas.
- Take full responsibility for project management for a range of engineering activities, these could be both internal and customer engagements
- Coordinate projects from initial concept until final delivery
- Capture project requirements, engage internal engineering resources, plan and drive execution and all deliverables
- Communicate priorities and timelines to internal teams including design, test, manufacturing, and supply chain to deliver projects on time and to specification
- If working on a customer project, you will be the day-to-day contact and champion for your customer(s) inside WaveOptics – ensuring they get the appropriate level of technical support and that their requests and needs are addressed in a timely fashion
- You will take ownership of all technical issues within the project, work with the engineering teams to define solutions, then supervise execution and delivery
- You will engage key suppliers on custom developments ensuring components are delivered to specification.
- Take a hands-on approach to troubleshooting when needed
- The role requires availability for international travel (10% – 30%).
What we like to see:
- Degree in Engineering or Physics
- Experience driving complex engineering projects
- Experience working hands on to solve engineering problems with design and production teams
- Consultative approach while working with customers, suppliers, and internal team
- Ability to combine technical expertise with good communication skills.
- Experience taking product concepts through to prototypes
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Optics experience is preferable
- Experience taking product concepts from prototypes through to production (to high volume manufacture would be a bonus)