As a Reliability and Compliance Engineer you will work with Quality Director to develop a physics o failure based reliability. The role will utilize your scientific background to determine the root cause of failures and determine appropriate technology and engineering solutions to prevent reoccurrence. You will work closing with the R&D and design teams to design reliable robust solutions. The role will also work closely with the project quality and NPI quality team supporting the D/PFMAs.
The Role :
- Developing the physics of failure reliability models
- Managing and completing the reliability test plans for all WO products
- Ensuring the reliability requirements are included in the product requirements
- Proactively preventing failure through design reviews and ensuring reliability risks are managed
- Investigating root cause of reliability failures and working with design teams to identify potential solutions and estimating impact of failure
- Working closing with customers on reliability requirements, testing and reporting, yu will be the ‘face’ of reliability at WO
- Responsible for environmental and safety compliance of WO products, this will involve working with the supply chain and external consultants were necessary to ensure compliance
What we’re looking for:
- Science or material/ Metallurgy degree, higher degree preferred
- Experience and interest in developing physics of failure models, experience of investigating root cause of technical failures would be a significant advantage
- Experience of utilizing material analytical methods e.g. SEM, AFM, FTIR, XRD. XRF tec
- Inquisitive, and tenacious person that is willing to develop and learn with the role as the company expands
- Ability to build long term successful working relationships across the R&D, design and project functions with WO as well as developing positive relationship with customers.
- Practical experience Problem Solving Tools, would be an advantage
- Experience of testing to industry standards would be an advantage
- Knowledge of or experience of implementing CE marking or equivalent would be an advantage.