We are looking for a Project Quality Engineer to develop and lead the project assurance and part approval activities.
As part of our successful growth, we have the requirement for a Project Quality Engineer to develop and lead the project assurance and part approval activities. The project quality leader will work closely with the project management team and will be responsible for all aspects of project quality assurance including; requirements capture and management, risk management, project metrics, part approval, and validation. The role will require working closely with customers, suppliers, production and engineering teams to ensure that the project deliver to meet the customer needs. The Project Quality Engineer will be a key person in the successful delivery of products to key technology companies across the globe.
- Work alongside the Program management to ensure the quality approach within project is focused on the needs of the customers
- Own all the quality assurance activities within projects, managing the project quality plan and reporting on the projects metrics to ensure efficient delivery of the project requirements
- Own the development and implementation of the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), working internally across all the functions to ensure the process is appropriate for a developing business
- Leads and Coaches FMEA and Risk analysis activities, to ensure the inputs and outputs effectively controlled and mitigated to ensure efficient transition to ramp and production phases
- Championing problem solving and root cause analysis activities within projects to ensure issues are resolved and preventative actions are implemented across projects
- Owning the project quality parts of the QMS, creating, developing and continually improving the process and ensuring alignment to the overall QMS
- Key influence on the project delivery process, working closely with the Quality Director and Director of Programs to continually review and develop an efficient process.
What we need to see:
- Experience of quality planning and implementation of quality tools in projects
- Familiar with utilizing and developing PPAP or similar within a technology organization
- Engineering degree or equivalent; quality qualification (e.g. CQI) or project management qualification would be an advantage
- Ability to read engineering drawing and use of statistical models to ensure capability of production processes. As well as using the data to support recommendation and improvement actions
- Practical experience in using Problem Solving Tools, and leading issue resolution
- Understanding of how quality practices can be applied to give commercial advantage
- Experience of working within ISO9001 or higher quality standard
- Experience of implementing Lean philosophy would be an advantage
- Ability to build long term successful working relationships to ensure the quality culture is developed within the project teams.