As a Project Manager you will work in a multidisciplinary Operations team creating plans to deliver next generation products that drive innovation and challenge the status quo. This is a fast-paced environment and we’re looking for someone who can work collaboratively with the internal teams and external partners.
- Reporting to the Head of NPI in our state-of-the-art offices in Abingdon, Oxfordshire
- As the key point of contact both internally and externally for New Product Introduction, you will focus resources to ensure the timely delivery of projects from our R&D teams, to our NPI facility in Abingdon and ultimately to our contract manufacturer based in China for mass production.
- You will create systematic project plans that drive innovation and support the companies long term goal
- Form and manage the relevant project resources ensuring appropriate communications and planning
- Ensure each project progresses successfully through each stage by interacting with suppliers and internal teams
- You will establish key strategic partnerships that allow you to troubleshoot and push boundaries
- Produce and maintain Strategic Sourcing Strategies for key commodities.
- Support successful project handover when necessary, including relevant documentation
- Implement systems and processes that implement quality
- Support the implementation of product quality in processes and systems developed
- Utilising commercial understanding to form key decision making
- Calculate risk in each project and proactively manage this risk ensuring corrective action is taken to minimise impact to deadlines
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders, managers and peers
- Monitor and control project finances including expenditure and invoicing
What we like to see
- A degree in Engineering or Physics
- Prince2 qualification or similar
- Experience delivering projects in an engineering setting.
- Ability to solve problems and find innovative solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills to motivate and lead teams
- Ability to negotiate and manage supplier partnerships.
- Experience exploring and generating new ideas to find new ways of working
- Experience influencing key stakeholders
- Proficiency in Mandarin (Bonus)