This is a new and exciting role as part of a new sub-team, supporting NPI, and working collaboratively with our Research and Development teams through the early stages of the NPI process. Based in our Abingdon office in Milton Park and reporting to the Head of NPI, you will be responsible for engaging with suppliers, securing contracts, and building robust supply chains. In this cross-functional role, we are looking for someone with the technical acumen to communicate developments in the supply chain with our internal teams, and across different engineering disciplines in the company.
What you’ll be doing
- Research and engage with suppliers to discover their technology needs to create opportunities for new partnerships
- Ensure internal Research and Development roadmaps line up with Supplier Technology roadmaps.
- Conduct and participate in progress meetings with suppliers to review manufacturing requirements and quality
- Establish and maintain new and existing suppliers, and negotiate purchase agreements
- Take ownership of procurement engagement, ensuring projects are set up to be completed on time whilst comparable on cost and maintaining top quality
- Work with our internal Product Development teams to establish production requirements for new designs
- Effectively collaborate with cross functional project teams (NPI, R&D, Quality, Finance, Manufacturing, Commercial)
- When it’s safe to do so, this role will require approx. 10-20% travel to meet suppliers
What we like to see
- Degree in an Engineering discipline, e.g., Electrical and Electronics, Mechanical
- Experience in a manufacturing procurement role
- A confident communicator and decision maker
- Demonstrable understanding of NPI and implementation of new technologies.
- Ability to present technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences