Reporting into our Head of Display Technologies you will play a critical role overseeing and ensuring that the right architectural decisions are made for our next generation platforms. We are striving to innovate and find new ways of doing things and therefore need people who are resourceful and enjoy solving problems. This position will be based in our new offices in Plymouth
- Lead systems engineering discussions, capturing key design decisions in a defined system architecture, and assessing impacts to overall system performance
- Coordinate efforts with cross-functional engineering teams including:
- Augmented reality system designers regarding system level attributes for a display.
- Waveguide team to agree the optical performance of the display to achieve the system optical performance.
- MicroLED pixel and process architects to align these to the system requirements
- Discuss the implementation of the display with the backplane design entity.
- Perform DFMEAs to address the ability and feasibility of the Display Requirement Specification to deliver the system level objective
- In collaboration with the Program Manager, generate and agree the top-level project plan with all resources
- Reporting at project reviews the status of the display project
- Supporting with all risk management activities to ensure on time delivery on components/ products
- Provide mentoring/ leadership to the junior team members
- Travel internationally to key partners (1 week every 2 months)
What we like to see:
- Extensive experience in micro-displays with a specific focus in microLED displays
- Familiarity with the characterisation on microLED displays
- Experience coordinating activities across international team would be an advantage
- An understanding in the various display data formats for mobile devices
- Be able to critique design choices in the backplane
- An understanding of the physics of GaN/Si technology
- An understanding of process architecture