WaveOptics is a world leading designer and manufacturer of revolutionary Augmented Reality (AR) waveguides. Our waveguides have a balance of attributes that deliver a superior display to the widest range of users with a high level of comfort.
Reporting to the Head of Optics, this role will be based in our Milton Park Offices, Oxfordshire. As part of the projector team, you will design and optimise our technology for the next generation projection systems and work overall system.
- You will be working on the next generation of WaveOptics projectors which includes in depth design, integration and delivery experience of classical imaging optics in glass and plastic as well as micro-optics and diffractive optics
- Design and development of new optical systems including full tolerance and DFM analysis.
- We are currently a fabless operation so you will review subcontractor drawings and manufacturing capabilities
- Support NPI and mass manufacture activities by troubleshooting with key optical expertise
- Develop test requirements which include designing tests and supply specification documents
- Work with Program Managers to meet customer specifications
- Research into new methods/ materials/ processes
What we need to see:
- Expert knowledge of a broad range of optics including imaging, illumination, radiometry and photometry, geometric optics, statistics, and polarization
- Advanced level optical design/analysis – Zemax (or similar) and at least 1 stray light analysis package
- Highly analytical – capable of system analysis in MATLAB or similar
- First-hand knowledge of state-of-the-art optical component prototyping and manufacturing techniques such as diamond turning
- Excellent communication skills to ensure clear liaison within the team as well as with suppliers and customers
- Prior experience working in augmented reality, head-up displays, imaging optics and displays is preferred but not essential