This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to develop their career working as part of an agile, innovative, fast-growing business. This role is ideal for a people-centric person who enjoys engaging with both employees and visitors alike. Based in our Abingdon office in Milton Park, you will be the first point of contact for all visitors and play a big role in developing the office experience. You will be a confident communicator who will have ownership of the front desk, including answering calls and emails and providing exceptional service.
What you’ll be doing
- Meeting and greeting visitors ensuring their experience at WaveOptics is first class
- Responding to and forwarding any general office enquiries to the relevant people in the company
- Overseeing all aspects of office administration whilst being reactive to the needs of the business.
- Maintaining stationery, food and refreshments stocks and orders
- Collaborating with the HR team to ensure a memorable employee experience at the office, including welcoming our new starters
- Working with the Chief Information Officer to address any facilities needs, including office furniture
- Assisting with Health and Safety, including reviewing Risk Assessments, weekly fire alarm and other regular checks, fire warden and first aider responsibilities
What we like to see
- Experience in a front of house role ideally within an office environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with a professional and friendly telephone manner
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Passion for providing a memorable people experience; both to our people and our customers
- An adaptable and solutions-oriented person in response to business needs
- Strong planning and time management skills to enable effective prioritisation of activities
- An interest in learning about Optics and Augmented Reality