The role will be fully embedded into the projects as well as the NPI organisation, with significant ownership to develop the function as will be required of a growing and developing business. This is a great opportunity for an individual who enjoys influencing key shareholders and defining and implementing strategy for a growing business
The Role :
- Owning all Quality aspects of NPI
- This role will require approx. 10-15% time in supplies in the UK, Europe and Asia (where travel restrictions allow).
- Own the development and implementation of Lean principles with NPI and be a significant contributor to the part approval and volume production hand over processes.
- Own the NPI metrics for the ensuring that issues are promptly recognized, investigated to root cause and corrective actions are implemented.
- Ensure the inputs and outputs of PFMEAs are of appropriate quality and lead to effective control and risk mitigation during the NPI and production phases
- Responsible for Producing Monthly NPI quality metrics and aligning action plans to ensure WO KPI’s are achieved.
- Supporting the development of the Business Management System, creating, developing and continually improving the process within NPI.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience of implementing LEAN principles within an NPI or production environment.
- Experience of working independently and enhancing the quality through metrics.
- Experience of developing production process, working within requirements of AS9100 would be an advantage
- Experience of External Supply Quality Audits
- Ability to read engineering drawing and use of statistical models to ensure capability of production processes. As well as using the data to support recommendation and improvement actions.
- Ability to build long term successful working relationships to ensure the continual improvement culture is present through the supply chain.
- Practical experience Problem Solving Tools, leading supplier to ensure containment, corrective and preventative actions are completed
- Understanding of how quality practices can be applied to give commercial advantage
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- Experience of completing incoming FAI utilizing CMM/ OMM would be an advantage.