We are looking for a Project Manager who will be working within a multidisciplinary Operations team. This role will require you to have extensive attention to detail and following process and policy for each project will be paramount. You should be a confident communicator who has a passion for delivering next generation products that drive innovation, and challenge the status quo. This is a fast-paced environment and we’re looking for someone who can work collaboratively with our NPI, R&D and Manufacturing teams, in addition to external partners.
- Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain and Procurement at our office in Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire
- As the key point of contact both internally and externally for the operational delivery of New Product Introduction, you will focus resources to ensure the timely delivery of projects from our R&D teams, to our NPI facilities in Austria and ultimately to our contract manufacturer based in China for mass production.
- You will create systematic project plans that drive innovation and support the companies long term goal
- Create and maintain Statement of Works (SoWs) for our contract manufacturer to accurately capture all of our technical, commercial and quality requirements by liaising with internal WaveOptics teams.
- Ensuring projects are transferred on time, on cost at our key contract manufacturer.
- Form and manage the relevant project resources ensuring appropriate communications and planning
- Ensure each project progresses successfully through each stage by interacting with suppliers and internal teams
- You will establish key strategic partnerships that allow you to troubleshoot and push boundaries
- Support successful project handover when necessary to our team in China for start of production (SOP), including relevant documentation
- Implement systems and processes that implement quality
- Support the implementation of product quality in processes and systems developed
- Utilising commercial understanding to form key decision making
- Calculate risk in each project and proactively manage this risk ensuring corrective action is taken to minimise impact to deadlines
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders, managers and peers
- Monitor and control project finances including expenditure and invoicing. First point of review for all cost models relating to Waveguides from our contract manufacturer
What we like to see
- A degree in a STEM subject, preferably Engineering or Physics
- Experience delivering projects in an engineering setting
- Ability to influence and encourage others to be accountable to correct processes and policies, including key stakeholders
- A confident communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working with Contract Manufacturers/Suppliers
- Ability to solve problems and find innovative solutions
- Ability to negotiate and manage supplier partnerships
- Experience exploring and generating new ideas to find new ways of working
- A project management qualification, e.g., PRINCE2, would be desirable