- Based in our Milton Park offices you will be reporting into our Chief Counsel
- Pro-actively engage with the Research & Development team to drive, support and draft patentable ideas, steering them into formal patent applications, and ideally be able to sketch patent compatible figures.
- Work with external patent attorneys to drive and assist in the growth and development of global patent portfolio.
- Undertake patent/ intellectual property research (including prior art searches) and present results in a succinct form to support decision making
- Support assessment of patentability of ideas
- Effectively liaise with internal stakeholders and external counsel to ensure efficient progress of patent applications
- Support the Legal Team in wider management of the Intellectual Property portfolio including providing input/ support into freedom to operate decisions, broader Intellectual Property strategy and contentious Intellectual Property matters
- Actively involved with twice annual Invention Convention
What we like to see
- Completed a relevant PhD – some exposure to optical engineering would also be welcomed but is not essential.
- Experience with intellectual property, including patent drafting.
- Experience in patent searching using various free tools (google patents, USPTO) and the subsequent review of results.
- Self-motivated and able to organise/ manage own workload.
- A confident communicator who is able to present technical ideas plainly to colleagues from both technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Attention to detail.
- Pro active attitude and ability to adapt to dynamic working environment.
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/storm/sites/waveoptics-co-uk/public/wp-content/themes/WaveOptics2019/single-vacancy.php on line 133