WaveOptics would like to congratulate our customer, Pegatron Corporation, on winning the prestigious iF Design Award 2021.
Announced in April 2021 as winners of the Product discipline, Pegatron’s AiR is a pair of augmented reality smartglasses using WaveOptics’ Titan module.
Pegatron Corporation, headquartered in Taipei City, Taiwan is a manufacturer of AR wearables. They launched their AiR in 2020 following 13-24 months of development. It is designed to help industry professionals connect via messaging and suitable as a medical assistant with an image diagnostic tool to help doctors with decision-making based on past relevant cases. AiR is also ideal for consumers as a life widget, such as travelling with navigational aids.
The AiR was a joint prototype project between WaveOptics and Pegatron which was disclosed in early 2019.
• Based on WaveOptics’ Titan module (click here to learn more)
• 40-degree field of view
• Binocular (in both lenses)
• Suitable for all eye types as can be used while wearing prescription glasses or contact lenses
Pegatron’s AiR combined AR & AI into a smart glass to demonstrate technology to the market.
• Controlled using a smartphone or multi-function wearable wrist controller
• Comfortable & stylish for daily use
• Fully adjustable for different head sizes
• Suitable for outdoor visibility with detachable cover lens
All photo credit to Pegatron Corp.